Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
Panasonic has announced the DMC-GX1 interchangeable lens camera, a new addition to the LUMIX G Micro System mirror-less range that features significant sensor and auto focus improvements. The GX1 is equipped with a 16MP Live MOS sensor with circuitry that improves S/N allowing for a max ISO of 12,800.
The new Panasonic camera system offers a wide variety of options to choose from to match every shooting situation and shooting style – External Flashes, PL Filters, ND Filters, MC Protectors, Remote Shutter, Zoom Lever, Battery Pack, AC Adaptor, DC Coupler, Lens Caps, Straps, Cases and Bags. With the world's first* introduction of digital interchangeable lens to make 3D photo shooting possible with an interchangeable lens system camera, Panasonic proposes to enjoy high-quality shooting in 3D with DMC-GX1.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Technical Specifications:
- Sensor size Four Thirds System
- Sensor type Live MOS
- Effective pixels 16 megapixels
- Minimum ISO (standard) 100
- Maximum ISO (expanded) 12800
- Fastest shutter speed (1/n seconds) 4000
- Slowest shutter speed (n seconds) 60 seconds
- Focus points 23
- Max. continuous shooting speed 20 FPS
- Display 3 inches with resolution of 460000 dots
- Touch technology Yes / Unspecified
- Video capture Yes, Max. resolution 1080p at 25, 30, 60fps
- NTSC / PAL recording NTSC, PAL
- Supported video formats MPEG-4, AVCHD
- RAW support RAW, RAW + JPEG
- Supported mounts Four Thirds (4/3), Four Thirds (4/3)
- Focal length (wide) 14 mm, 14 mm
- Focal length (telephoto) 42 mm, 42 mm
- Widest aperture / f-stop 3.5
- Image stabilization Yes
- Supported cards SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Built-in speaker Yes
- Built-in microphone Yes
- Connection(s) USB, HDMI mini, AV Multi
- Battery Model DMW-BLD10, Removable
- Built-in Flash, hot shoe
As a camera from the new premium line of LUMIX G Micro System, the external design of the camera has been developed with no compromising on grip, dial, coating – everything to detail. The hot shoe on the top lets you attach the optional tilt-shift Live View Finder (DMW-LVF2) of approx. 1.4x, 1,440,000-dot equivalent, 100% field of view. It is now compatible with UHS-I standard for the SDXC/SDHC Memory Card taking its advantage to extend performance.
LUMIX G Micro System realizes high-quality photo images with real-to-life details through excellent resolution, image rendering and color reproduction. Taking full advantage of the 16.0-megapixel Live MOS sensor and Venus Engine, images to be shot in low-lit situations at max. 12800 high ISO sensitivity setting is stunningly clear with highly sharp resolution.
Precision Contrast AF system of LUMIX G Micro System gains even higher speed realizing approx. 0.09 second of Light Speed AF.* Consecutive shooting is also improved for 4.2 fps in 16.0-megapixel full resolution.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 records 1920 x 1080 full-HD video with stereo sound in AVCHD format which is superior in both compression efficiency and friendliness with AV equipment for playback. Advanced AF system including practical full-time AF and tracking AF is available in video recording so that every photographer can enjoy high quality video recording with minimum ease.
The 16.0-megapixel Live MOS sensor plays a big role in high quality image rendering. With the dedicated circuit which reads out signals with minimum noise, the level of noise is significantly suppressed by more than 66%. Notably max. ISO12800 is available with DMC-GX1. In shooting at high ISO setting, S/N value is improved by approx. 200% compared with the conventional 12.1-megapixel sensor. The sensor performance improves by 6db at ISO 3200 and max. 9db at ISO6400, resulting in the dramatically flawless picture without noise
All cameras of LUMIX G Micro System adopt Contrast AF for its focus system. The Phase-difference AF system is susceptible to mechanical margin of error. However, in Contrast AF system, focusing is controlled by the image sensor so that no mechanical margin of error occurs to achieve precise focusing. Compared with the Phase difference system AF, the Contrast AF boasts higher accuracy especially in shooting with bright lens with small F value. (e.g. the accuracy of Contrast AF is approx. 90% while Phase difference AF is approx. 60% at F1.4.)
Despite its outstanding compactness, the operation on DMC-GX1 is smooth and easy with optimum layout of control buttons and the mode dial, turn-and-press dial and dedicated function buttons. The function the user changes its setting can be assigned to the 2 external buttons and 2 menus in the software tab for direct reach. In addition, a total of 4 custom setting patterns can be memorized to the camera.
LUMIX G Micro System is the camera that records not only high quality photo but also stunning video. The AVCHD format features almost twice the recording time in HD quality than the conventional Motion JPEG. A special, dedicated button on the top lets the user instantly start recording videos while shooting photos without any having to make any extra settings. Now the DMC-GX1 can record high-resolution full-HD videos 1920 x 1080 at 60i (NTSC) / 50i (PAL) in AVCHD (Sensor output is 30p [NTSC] / 25p [PAL])*. Image recording is more flexible fun with the DMC-GX1. In addition to the practical full-time AF, the Touch AF in video recording also lets users enjoy professional-like rack focusing. Just by pointing the subject, the focus is shifted to it and let it stand out to attract attention. The Extra Tele Conversion function virtually extends the zoom range Max.4.8x without deterioration of image quality in smaller resolution.
Rate this article
- Operation Polaris - Seizure of more than 60 tonnes of illegal tobacco
- Thebarton Oval has been renamed Adelaide Airport Stadium
- Australian Government receives valuable Prisoner of War records from Japan
- Engineers continue to play a vital role in community safety
- Virgin Australia partners with V8 Supercars as official domestic airline
- Canon EOS-1D X
- Physicists punched a hole in Einstein's theory of special relativity
- Engineers continue to play a vital role in community safety
- Miniature 9-Axis Inertial Module with 32-bit Processing Unit from STMicroelectronics
- Indonesian Government has committed to banning all live cattle imports from Australia